Releasing Frog 0.9.5 RC2
The Frog development team is pleased to announce that we've released Frog 0.9.5 RC2
Please see the download page if you want to help us test RC2. Assuming no major hurdles are found, 0.9.5. final should be released next week.
About this release
This release of Frog sees some major changes in the structure of the system. The backend/frontend split was removed which of course severely affected paths of files. There were some database schema changes as well, but there were mostly additions.
We would like to suggest that you read through the changes list carefully.
About Release Candidates
Most if not all stable releases of Frog will be preceded by one or more "Release Candidates". A release candidate is a version of Frog which we feel could be stable enough for normal use, but which we want to keep testing first. Once any issues that came up during testing of an RC release have been corrected, a stable release will be made available.
The intention of the RC releases is to give you, the user, a chance to help us test an upcoming release.
List of changes in 0.9.5 RC2
- Added advisory about removing changelog.txt to install screen.
- Added output buffering around main() - issue 114
- Added option to choose administrator name in install screen. - issue 149
- Added function that generates administrator password during install routine. - issue 149
- Added check to make sure config.php isn't writable.
- Added inheritence to hasContent() function. - issue 142
- Added icon to directories in file_manager plugin - issue 140
- Added Plugin::isEnabled($plugin_id) to Plugin class for plugin devs. (allows for basic plugin dependancies.)
- Added getSetting(), setSetting(), getAllSettings() and setAllSettings() to Plugin class for plugin devs - issue 128
- Added comments plugin option to display to-be-moderated comments on plugin tab (default true)
- Added MySQL port to install screen. Thanks gilles.doge - issue 107
- Added new events - issue 94
- Added site identifiers to login screens (both login.php and forgot.php) based on Admin screen title setting.
- Added front-end login feature similar to layout selector. (login required, not required, inherit)
- Added drag-to-copy feature for better multi-language support. Thanks tuupola.
- Added a new core plugin called skeleton to help out new plugin developers.
- Added translation template generator to help out translators with translating Frog core and plugins.
- Added Norwegian and Swedish core translations.
- Added updated Chinese translation.
- Removed split between frontend and backend.
- Added an ID to the "view this page" link so it can be styled.
Added Danish translation for admin and file manager. Thanks Kenan.
Fixed default_tab setting causing endless redirect - issue 106
- Fixed issue with 'title' attribute in link(). Removed auto-generation of attribute for accessibility purposes. - issue 154
- Fixed issue with Comment plugin where leave off http:// in website link would cause malformed url - issue 151
- Fixed issue where using '..' would allow access to files outside public directory - issue 148
- Fixed issue where saving page layout without title did not result in error - issue 146
- Fixed setAllSettings failing to update settings with SQLite - issue 145
- Fixed issue with page_requested event parameter not being backwards compatible - issue 141
- Fixed USE_MOD_REWRITE is undefined in case of system not yet being installed - issue 132
- Fixed issue with failed login redirecting to admin section once logged in. - issue 131
- Fixed issue with settings table. Changed table setting's field value to TEXT instead of VARCHAR.
- Fixed GET variables not being available in Frog's frontend. - issue 75
- Fixed issue where AutoLoader did not find file for 'PageArchiveMonthIndex' - issue 101
- Fixed issue where saving a page without title results in loss of entered content - issue 68
- Fixed issue with filename lowercasing during upload of files. Thanks david - issue 113
- Fixed previous()/next() functions to work for all levels. Thanks rid - issue 109
- Fixed "Add child" tooltip for browsers not picking up the alt value of the icon.
- Fixed broken View Site link for TLDs starting with 'a' - issue 116
- Fixed XHTML compatibility problem with Comment plugin.
- Fixed admin CSS so that foreground colours are declared - issue 137
Fixed MOD_REWRITE test which produced double slashes - issue 150
Updated comment plugin to make use of statistics_api plugin if available and enabled.
- Restricted access to backend to roles administrator, developer and editor - issue 122
- Updated readme.txt with requirements detail for MySQL server.
- Updated file_manager plugin translations to conform to new template.
- Updated comments in preparation for PHPDoc documentation.
- Renamed root dir text files to avoid name conflicts and accomodate Windows users.
- Renamed style.css into screen.css for more consistency with print.css in Normal layout.
- Simplified Comment plugin to make use of Plugin::getAllSettings() and friends.
- Commented .htaccess file for new users.
- Removed slug field from Homepage metadata (and initial code fixed).
- Enhanced comments in config.php template
Fatal error: Class 'Comment' not found in /home/parchambault/madebyfrog.com/frog/app/frontend/classes/Page.php(370) : eval()'d code on line 7